Fri, Jun 28|
Vernon Park Gardens
Summer Urban Garden Kickoff Event
Time & Location
Jun 28, 2019, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Vernon Park Gardens, 6025 S Vernon Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
About the event
OTP's 5th Annual Summer Urban Garden Project will commence with a half day event themed “Cultivating Flourishing Relationships through Urban Gardening”. Will be hosted in collaboration with Sunshine Gospel Ministries, Vernon Park Garden, Chicago Eco House, Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary MA in Public Ministry program.
Attendees will engage in interactive dialogues and activities designed to center urban gardening as an act of resistance against racism and food injustice and a practice that cultivates flourishing relationships as care of self, respect of land, responsibility of community, and knowledge of history.
Kickoff program will feature:
- Vernon Park Garden Neighborhood Council Members
- Quilen Blackwell, founder of Chicago Eco House
- Workshop on “Community within Gardens: Who is in my garden and where does my food come from?” | Facilitated by Audra Hudson and Josh Richardson, MA in Public Ministry Candidates at Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary Public Ministry Program.
- Workshop Facilitated by Olivia & Qiddist Ashe Co-Founders of Ashe Living
- Lunch | Music | Potting | Herbal Sachets |